The Parents Association Book Scheme covers the provision of all books, stationery, homework journals and licence fees for online resources. The aim of our Book Scheme is to make books more affordable for families. By purchasing large quantities of books we are able to pass on significant reductions to parents. All books, apart from copies, will be covered with plastic book jackets.
For the 2021/2022 school year the cost will be €105 per child for all classes.
Our Book Scheme is not compulsory, however if you choose not to join, you cannot re-join in future years. The idea behind this is that every family pays the same amount and makes the same savings as their child moves through the years at Scoil Naomh Barra. Some classes will make bigger savings than others but throughout the years, you will avail of the larger saving (especially in 6th class) and it will all even out. Every class in the school is making a saving by joining. Also, if there are any other books, copies or stationery which need to be purchased throughout the year, this will be funded by our Book Scheme if you choose to join.
If your child is exempt from Irish, we can offer a discount on a case by case basis as Irish requirements vary from class to class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
If you have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com.
Payments must be made in full via Aladdin on or before Wednesday 6th of August 2021.
If you wish, the fees can be paid in instalments as follows:
- Log in to Aladdin
Click on ePayments
Click on Change Amount
Enter the amount of the payment that you wish to make and you will see the total change.
Click on Pay Now.
The next time you log in to Aladdin you will see the balance of any payments to be made.
- If you have been financially impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and are finding it difficult to make the book payment please contact the school to discuss this at firstname.lastname@example.org All queries in this regard will be treated confidentially.
Books will be available for collection at the school at the dates and times listed below.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions parents will not be able to enter the school building so we are arranging staggered collection times according to family surnames.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when collecting your books:
● If you are unable to collect books at your designated time please arrange for another parent/family member to collect them or get in touch with the PA by email.
● Please bring your own bags for collecting your books.
● Please do not bring children to the school.
● In order to keep queues to a minimum and to keep traffic flowing please collect your books and leave the car park in a timely manner.
● School crests will be on sale on collection nights for €3. If you would like to purchase some please bring the correct change.
● No payment for books will be accepted on the night.
● Only books that have been fully paid for will be handed out.
First Letter of Surname** Collection Date Collection Time
A – M Thursday, 12th August 7.00 – 8.30 pm
N – Z Thursday 19th August 7.00 – 8.30 pm
** For double-barrelled surnames take the first letter of the first surname e.g. for Smith O’Brien the first letter is S.
The books and items on the lists below are what you should have received on the Book Collection nights at the school. All other books will be kept in school for distribution as needed in class.
If you are missing any items please email email@example.com